Curly Hair Tips
We’ve talked about how to protect your hair while swimming, hair drying mistakes to avoid and whether you can sleep or workout in your hair extensions, but today we’re going to discuss how you can care for your curly hair. Don’t worry if you don’t have curly hair, we’ll be tackling other hair types soon! These curly hair tips are provided by Jennifer – Endless Hair Extension’s Founder and CEO – who has extensive experience battling and working her curls over the years and was more than happy to share these tips and tricks with you. Let’s jump right to it!
A Few Tips to Keep in Mind
1) This is one of the easiest curly hair tips to remember: keep your scalp clean. Seems obvious but it’s important to not over wash your curly hair due to curly hair being dryer than other hair types. Do, however, shampoo your hair to keep it healthy and able to grow but focus on your scalp rather than on your hair. The last thing you want to do is strip your hair of its natural oils so avoid excessive shampooing but definitely use conditioner after time you wash your hair and do a regular deep conditioning from time to time. As we’ve said before with curls, washing your hair once or twice a week is just perfect just don’t over do it!
2) Don’t forget to buy hair products specifically for curly hair. We get asked for curly hair tips and a big thing we always say is that your hair products should be sulfate and alcohol free to keep your hair from drying out. Check the labels of your shampoo and conditioner and find out whether they contribute positively or not to the health of your hair and scalp.
3) As we talked about in our post about the possible hair drying mistakes you might be making, don’t use a regular beach towel to dry your hair when you get out of the shower and instead opt for a microfiber towel or cotton t-shirt. Not only does this preserve your curly hair, but it also prevents against possible damage to your hair cuticles. If you’re not sure how to use a microfiber towel, it’s easy! Simply squeeze the towel on your hair in an upward motion so you’ll use the least amount of force and friction. The best option, however, is actually air drying your hair, but if you can’t do that, don’t feel bad, not all of us have the luxury of air drying! Side note: if you do decide to air dry, feel free to leave some oil in your hair too!
4) When you are drying your hair, however, don’t ruin your curls by touching or messing with them in any way! Any sort of playing like running your fingers through them or otherwise may cause them to frizz up which is exactly what you’re trying to avoid!
5) Even though we just did a post on all the different and wonderful hairbrushes, if you have curly hair, don’t bother touching one! Use a wide tooth comb before taking a shower and that’s it. If you do decide to comb after washing your hair, don’t forget wet hair is quite vulnerable to breakage so be extra careful! Of the various curly hair tips we’ve covered, this is one of the most important.
6) Hey we’ve always said to stay away from the heat but with curls be even more vigilant because not only can you damage your hair with the heat, but your curls can also loose their natural spiral-like shape. Don’t even go near the blow dryer and if you use heat tools always use heat protectant.
That’s it! We hope these curly hair tips will help you on your journey to mastering this often tricky hair type so you have the confidence to flaunt your curly hair!
As always, if you have any questions about Endless Hair Extensions or want to learn more about our company, feel free to email us at [email protected] or read our story here. We’re always happy to help you!
BE INSPIRED WITH OUR HAIR TUTORIALS & BLOG
Know how to choose the right thickness for your Endless Hair Extensions and understand the four different thickness options available.
Today we’re going to tackle the frustrating topic of split ends, their causes and how to rid yourself of them!
Let’s talk about how to fix dry hair, it’s causes and remedies to help you fight against this damaging hair issue.
You may have heard some of these common extension myths before, so today we’ll tackle a few so you can see how easy it is to achieve your dream hair!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
LEAVE US A MESSAGE
We would love to hear from you! Please contact us with any question or concerns and we will respond within 24 hours.